Syracuse Dungeons & Dragons
Welcome to our forum. If you play D&D in the Syracuse area, this is the place to be! Registering is free and fast!

Be sure to visit our auction site.
Welcome to our forum. If you play D&D in the Syracuse area, this is the place to be! Registering is free and fast!

Be sure to visit our auction site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Syracuse Dungeons & Dragons! CNY's source for Dungeons & Dragons Info.
Be sure to check out our auction site: Auction Site
We have a new domain address: Syracuse Dungeons & Dragons.com Bookmark it!
Several openings available for you to start your own PBP RPG. See forum for details.
   Close side bar.
Auction
Be sure to visit our auction site! For security reasons you must register there as well. It is free to list your items, and only a small fee if you sell.
Visit the Auction

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Friday Night Forgotten Realms
Reverse Auctions I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 9:02 pm by Forgotten DM

Reverse Auctions I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 12:10 pm by Forgotten DM

» Twitter integration
Reverse Auctions I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 9:14 pm by Forgotten DM

Reverse Auctions I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 2:19 pm by Forgotten DM

» New Year New Update
Reverse Auctions I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 2:18 pm by Forgotten DM

» No Friday Night Forgotten Realms
Reverse Auctions I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 6:35 pm by Forgotten DM

» Friday Night Realms
Reverse Auctions I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 6:34 pm by Forgotten DM

» Auction site is in full swing
Reverse Auctions I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 6:32 pm by Forgotten DM

Reverse Auctions I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 9:09 am by Forgotten DM

Top posters
Forgotten DM
Reverse Auctions I_vote_lcapReverse Auctions I_voting_barReverse Auctions I_vote_rcap 
The Sage
Reverse Auctions I_vote_lcapReverse Auctions I_voting_barReverse Auctions I_vote_rcap 
Mindscape
Poll
How old are you?
13-18
Reverse Auctions I_vote_lcap0%Reverse Auctions I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
19-25
 0% [ 0 ]
26-35
 0% [ 0 ]
36-45
Reverse Auctions I_vote_lcap60%Reverse Auctions I_vote_rcap
 60% [ 3 ]
46-55
Reverse Auctions I_vote_lcap20%Reverse Auctions I_vote_rcap
 20% [ 1 ]
Too old to remember
Reverse Auctions I_vote_lcap20%Reverse Auctions I_vote_rcap
 20% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 5
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Links
Wizards of the Coast
Play the Game Read the Story
DDM Guild
Redblade
D20 SRD

Reverse Auctions

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Forgotten DM
Forgotten Realms Guru
Forgotten Realms Guru
Forgotten DM

Gold : 105
Legend : 1
DM or Player : Dm
Setting : Forgotten Realms
Edition : 3.5

Reverse Auctions Empty
PostSubject: Reverse Auctions   Reverse Auctions I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 10:24 am

1. Reverse auctions are business-related auctions held among buyers and suppliers. Suppliers will offer bids for their products or services, and the buyer will take the lowest or most attractive offer. There are several fields where reverse auctions are common, one of the primary being contract work such as construction.

The buyer will have a specific project that needs to be completed, and various companies will compete to be chosen for the project, offering and counteroffering with lower prices and advertising their value-adding features. The buyer will then choose which company they want to complete the project.
Players in Reverse Auction
2. Reverse auctions are also a common method of choosing suppliers, especially by government organizations. Sellers will offer to provide specific items at reduced rates or with certain special bonuses attached, such as free shipping or discounts when ordering extra supplies. The buyer can then accept whatever offer is the most attractive, or reject all offers and hold another auction.

Regular business auction rules generally apply to reverse auctions. The primary difference is that there is one buyer and several sellers instead of the other way around, and prices are driven down instead of driven up. For most reverse auctions, sellers only make one offer, the lowest price they are willing to provide their products or service at. Reverse auctions can either be anonymous, where none of the parties knows who else is bidding (at least formally), or open, where companies can see who else they will be bidding against. This puts a large amount of power in the buyer's hands, since it is up to the buyer to choose which company will participate and ultimately which company will win the auction. Sellers do have some power, though, and may decline to take part in an auction for buyer looking for too low or price, or for a buyer without enough prestige to attract high-level sellers.

Thus far we have added the following categories to list a reverse auction: Modding, Painting, Terrain, Other. If you have a category idea, please contact us with it and we will add it asap.
Back to top Go down
https://syracusednd.rpg-board.net

Reverse Auctions
Page 1 of 1